Yoder's Butcher Barn in Grantsville is looking for a meat cutter/butcher to join their team!
The meat cutter/butcher will be responsible for cutting and preparing meat products to meet customer specifications.
We would love to hire someone with experience, but we will also hire an apprentice!
Pay is based on experience. ($13-18/hour)
- OT may be required during busy season (especially deer season)
- Opportunities for bonuses!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Breaking down carcasses as instructed by a cut sheet
- Maintaining the separation of customer product
- Ability to learn the names of cuts of meat and how to cut them to maximize return to the customer
- Ability to learn how to work safely with equipment like meat saws, slicers, grinders, and knives.
- Assisting other employees with moving meat for customer pick-ups
- Work as a team member and learn the skills to break down all carcasses into different cuts of meat and trim.
- Have good personal hygiene and be clean and neat in personal appearance.
- Work in cool conditions (approx 48°)
Help will be needed on the kill floor as well.
Stop in or call for more info:
3521 Chestnut Ridge Rd
Grantsville MD 21536