Payroll Specialist, Finance
Location: United States
Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
The Payroll Specialist assists Project HOPE in all payroll-related tasks and helps with finance-related management reports. This role includes collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing, and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
· Collecting timesheet data and payroll information.
· Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
· Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
· Preparing and processing paychecks and cash deposits.
· Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
· Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
· Performing account balance, bank, and payroll reconciliations.
· Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
· Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
· Corresponding and investigating with various state tax jurisdiction issues and setting up new accounts.
· Assisting with AP Vendor creation and banking details.
· Prepare outgoing payroll and other wires.
· Assisting with retirement plan submissions and reporting on a timely schedule.
· Creating, maintaining, and tracking budgets for administrative departments, including fiscal year projections and budget vs actual reporting.
· Calculating monthly indirect cost allocations and other month-end procedures.
· Performing other general accounting-related duties, including journal entry preparation, and producing support documentation.
· Assisting in annual reporting, i.e.: 990 preparation and 5500 reporting.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED required, a degree in accounting, business, or a related field preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience working in payroll or a similar role.
· Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
· Experience working with accounting (NetSuite), payroll software (ADP WFN) and proficient with Excel.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· High numerical aptitude.
· Working on a deadline and dealing with highly confidential information.
If interested, email Matt at email@example.com.